If you're reading this, you probably already know that I am Kirsten and that I am going on exchange to the Netherlands for the fall semester of 2006. This blog will document my adventures in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe while I'm away.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Pink Dot Festival

So last night a bunch of the exchange students including myself went to the Gallery district in Rotterdam where they have covered ALL of the buildings in Pink dots. Of course being the fool that I am, I left my memory card for my camera back at my house so I have no pictures to share. Anyway so we started out as a really big group but then we lost the back half (which were actually the cool people) and got stuck with the front half who were more interested in drinking than seeing the exhibits. So I had befriended a Sweedish exchange student named Henrick so we left the group to go in and see an exhibition called tent about Behavioral patterns and things like that. It had some really neat stuff like a voice frequency modulator and these oranges on this table which I ended up juggling. In this exhibit we also met another Canadian, from Toronto, who was doing her masters in Industria design in Delft (a city near Rotterdam) and she invited me to visit Delft which was nice and then we went out for a drink. We also saw the foto museum and some pretty interesting modern art. There were also some very expressionist and existentialist scenes being performed by actors around the district. It was a very enlightening experience which I certainly won't forget for a long time.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home