If you're reading this, you probably already know that I am Kirsten and that I am going on exchange to the Netherlands for the fall semester of 2006. This blog will document my adventures in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe while I'm away.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Room Pictures and Description (for my mom)


But First, LATE BREAKING NEWS. As of Last Friday I have infact finished my sheeo collection! Late Thursday night when shopping with Jay I purchased a small-mid sized black sheep to complete the set! He joins, Fitty Sheep (the white sheep) and Fergie from the Blacked Eyed Sheeps (A Birthday Present fron Jenny, the brown one) and has aptly been named Ringo Sheep from the Beatles, as he is the black sheep from his otherwise rappin' family. In addition, upon her arrival Becca finished my mug collection with the offer of a fourth and final mug in repayment for her free room and board (just room) while she was staying in Holland! Thanks Becca fr contributting to the madness! I guess the sheeps can't be mentioned without also mentioning the cowie bank, who I bought to store a surplus of change and fitty sheep was originally bought to be the cowie bank's friend.
Anyway, Back to rational thinking: So my mom (Hi Mom) asked me to post some pictures of my room so she could see it. So here they are, and now I feel the need to explain a few things. The first thing is that, this is not what my room looks like on a regular basis. Generally it is a bit of a mess, but I cleaned up with Becca comming, and I have actually vacumed it twice in the past week (the horror) However, it should be noted that my Canadian flag has once again fallen off my wall and the clothing is starting to pile up again. (it's not really that bad) (well not as bad as it was)
~General Features~
So my room has som
e general features. It is approximately 3 meters by 3 meters, it has 3 lights, though one has burnt out, a door, a closet, a desk, a bed a table, 2 chairs, a bookcase and a telephone. \
~Good Features~
it has a large window with a wide window sill on which you can sit and read when weather conditions are appropriate. The
view from this window is also quite nice as I back on to houses and trees which cuts down on noise from outside... when I'm lucky. In addition, my room came with a flat mate named Cicek from Turkey, who is wonderful and always so happy. A really good flat mate indeed. Also my room came with No Former Land Lady who's name I am no longer at liberty to disclose which is always a relief.
~B
ad Features~
The worst proble
m is the constantly clogged drains which supposedly have to do with outside blumbing but get worse by the day. Also, the rooms aren't very sound proof and also have an excess of dust. To add to the ghettoness I have to light my stove with a match, but I guess that's not that bad as I now seem to be over my fear of fire. In addition, sticky tack rips the paint off the walls... yeah I don't get it either.
~Personal T
ouches~
My room has many of these. Of course you have already met the sheep collection and the cowie bank, I also
pride myself on my photographs of friends and family which I keep on my buletein board as well as my Canadian flag and my snoopy poster. Recently I've taken to more creative personal touches, first with pastel drawings and then with the comics which you can see in one of the pictures.
The story of my comicing is really quite amusing so I am going to share it. One day in my Comparative Private Law cla
ss I was feeling mighty bored (it's not the subject it's the professor) so I started drawing this stick man doing various things, the people sitting behind me were really quite amused and giggled through out the entire class, earning me a new friend. So the next week my drawings became slightly more elaborate and took up a story form, again with people chuckling behind me, so I decided that if my pictures are really that good, that I might as well just by a cartooning marker which I did, which has brought delight to many people, so I am happy.

THE END!!!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the comics dear they're interesting. Your room does look a little ghetto the bed is slightly prisonish looking. The drum looks uh beatniky....

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Kirsten Van Houten said...

everyone has the same bed

5:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea thats why it seems institutional but your touches have made it warmer.

5:45 PM

 
Blogger Eric Rosenhek said...

Those sheep would make a fine wool sweater ;-)

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Kirsten Van Houten said...

It's ok Eric, I'll bring you back a sheep of your owm

10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It IS true... no one ever suspects the butterfly...

8:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat blog[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood ways to build an income online.

3:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Lots of good information here kirstengoesdutch.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me show you one truth. Research indicates that about 50% of all U.S. adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

6:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific, that' s unerringly what I was seeking fit! You by the skin of one's teeth spared me alot of vocation

5:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home