If you're reading this, you probably already know that I am Kirsten and that I am going on exchange to the Netherlands for the fall semester of 2006. This blog will document my adventures in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe while I'm away.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Kirsten is Not Homeless

Soooooo... The thing I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, is not the fact that there is no turkey to be found ANYWHERE but that I have a place to live. The University was kind enough to find me a room in a student residence called Casa Erasmus, where, my room isn't much bigger than my room in first year, but the furniture is nicer and my windows DO infact open. My accomodation also came equipped with a stove which I have to light with a match (we all know how much I like fire) and a really nice roomate from Turkey who is very greatful that after a month and a half she finally has a room mate. I actually really like my room, I found a Snoopy poster and it hangs on the opposite wall of my Canadian flag. I am really missing home right now and I just thought everyone should know how thankful they should be for getting to be home for Thanksgiving, and that I am thankful to all of my friends and family who are reading this.
I have an exam this week so I don't supposed I'll have too much to write about but then it is my Birthday so then I hope I'll have lots to write about.


Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!
Birthday Countdown : Twenty minus 6 Days!
Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a thanksgiving miracle! wasn't there a charlie brown cartoon about that? I'm thankful for you. Ottawa is an empty shell when everyone is gone. I'm still kind of irritated by the closed chinese food place. That's where lonely people are susposed to go on holidays. I was trying to have a stereotypically sad (it was fun) thanksgiving and they closed on me.

1:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home