If you're reading this, you probably already know that I am Kirsten and that I am going on exchange to the Netherlands for the fall semester of 2006. This blog will document my adventures in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe while I'm away.

Monday, October 23, 2006

I was Not meant to be a Bicycle Mechanic

I tell this story not because it is important, but because it is the craziest which is me.
So on Thursday I asked Jay to print out my reservation confirmation for my hotel in Brussels for the weekend and he did and subsquently decided he wanted some fresh air so he met me down between our two buildings. When there he mentioned that his bike chain kept getting caught on his back wheel. (yeah the bikes are a little old-school here) So thinking of my self as being somewhat Handy and mechanical I offered to take a look at it for him. Well at first whatever I was doing seemed to be working. But then the Bike chain fell of the gears and then Jay tried to move his Bike and the chain got tangled in his wheel. So at this point my hands are covered in Grease anyway, so I kept working and I eventually got the bike mainly back to the way I found it, though the chain was still not on the gears properly. I then mentioned that Martin knew about Bikes, so Jay came to my room and helped me open my door because my hands were black from the Grease and he got Martin's e-mail.
I was not meant to be a Bicycle Mechanic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhat handy and mechanical....

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Eric Rosenhek said...

Don't feel bad about the bike. At least you didn't have dismantle a bomb ;-)

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Kirsten Van Houten said...

yeah that would have been... bad

11:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home